Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Snowdrops

I went back and snapped a photo of the snowdrops I saw yesterday, just because "LouBob" said that it wasn't fair. It's true, it has been an unusually mild winter for us!

The daylight seems to be increasing already, too. Sunset is now at 5:29 PM, 32 minutes later than it was on the first of the year. At the end of February sunset will be after 6:00 PM, so there may even be time, once again, to run outside in the evening after my husband comes home from work!

I'm sure glad I don't live any further north than this (location: W077 06, N38 52). I grew up in Illinois and lived for five years in New Hampshire, and I don't miss the winters in either place!

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Strange, I live much norther than your and here there is no snow and very warm.

Dianne W. said...

I shovelled last night's snow from the walks onto my garden so my bulbs WON'T come up yet! No fair!

Jim said...

it has been a weird winter so far. We've been seeing 60s and 70s here in Birmingham.

And I LOVE THE LONGER DAYS! Hurray!