Thursday, June 01, 2006

Halfway to Ironman Florida


Right now we're just about halfway between January 1, 2006 and the final taper week before Ironman Florida - when all the deposits need to have cleared in the Bank of Ironman.

It's a good time for a spot-check.

How am I doing?

Consistency: So far so good on maintaining minimal levels of training across the board in each discipline most weeks.
Swim 1500 or more meters: 19/21 weeks
Bike 20 or more miles: 20/21 weeks
Run 10 or more miles: 21/21 weeks
Nutrition - log intake 5 or more days: 21/21 weeks (resulting in body weight decrease of about 15 pounds since January)

Training volume: So far it's been low to moderate while building my base, but the volume has been increasing steadily January (7 to 8 hours per week) to May (11 to 13 hours per week):
Swim: 72,027 meters total or 3361 meters per week average
Bike: 1021 miles total or 48 miles per week average
Run: 323 miles total or 15 miles per week average
Crunches/core work: 14,500 total or 677 per week average

I seem to be experiencing a bit of a lull in my training drive in the three weeks between Columbia and Eagleman. I'm going to stay steady until Eagleman is over, and after I've bounced back from that, do a massive paper-and-pencil review of my training plan for mid-June through November 4th. Meaning, if what I've done so far has been insufficient, hopefully the final five months left of training will set everything to rights.

Onward we go!

3 comments:

Comm's said...

So sorry to have been jammed up and not able to visit. Had to go 17 posts back to read your last race recap to catch up. I think your doing a great job and I we are going to do just fine at Florida.

Born To Endure said...

You will be an awesome IM finisher....wish I could be there this weekend to do the Eagleman Tri...have fun eh??

Mojo said...

Looks like you are working hard. 15 pounds lost? Wow! That is great. I love looking at all your swim, run and bike totals. What a sense of accomplishment.