Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weather obsessions

Now it's time to start obsessing over things I have no control over. Those are much easier than obsessing about the things that I actually do have control over, because the latter often requires you to take some kind of action.

Eagleman forecast, 7 days out: Overnight low 59*F, high 81*F. Times of sun and clouds.

Normally 81*F is a pleasant enough forecast, but I'm just not finding it so reassuring. Last year the high was 85*F, low of 63*F, and out on the course it was absolutely scorching, without a morsel of shade in sight and with the super-high humidity that is typical there.

But it can always be worse! Just keep your fingers crossed for low winds and lots of clouds and hopefully I'll get approval to switch into the 45-49 age group for that 6:50AM start instead of the 8:08AM Athena start. No word on that yet, though.

6 comments:

Habeela said...

You want to switch races? I don't mind 85 degrees and Montauk's supposed to be 60 and rainy.

Nancy Toby said...

I just might! In full sun with no wind and 60-70% humidity, they were carting people away in ambulances last year!! So 60 sounds okay!!

Mojo said...

It sure will help if you got to start early. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

Nancy...think on it this way. you could be down here with me in the scorch and humidity of GA. Not that yours isn't bad enough...but it might make you feel better to know it could be even worse!!! ;)

Comm's said...

fingers crossed Nancy. I love this OCD of yours. Do you run weatherbug on your pc to help?

Nancy Toby said...

I am forced to repeatedly compare Weatherbug with NOAA and www.wunderground.com and www.intellicast.com.

It keeps me busy.