Thursday, June 22, 2006

Old women rock

In celebration of my 49th birthday tomorrow, I'd like to recognize these absolutely amazing women:

"Four age group women triathletes-ages 64, 63, 61 and 39-each rode 760 miles this past week. They call themselves "old babes on bikes" and are competing as a four women team in the 2006 edition of the legendary 2006 Race Across America (RAAM). They took off from Oceanside, California, at 2 p.m. on June 13 and are on schedule to arrive in Atlantic City, New Jersey about 12:30 p.m. today, having covered 3,052 miles in 7 days, 19 hours at an average speed of about 16.3 miles per hour."

5 comments:

Flo said...

Old ladies rock!!!!!! Those ladies are pretty impressive.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Fe-lady said...

That is amazing! I am glad I can call myself a part of the "old" crowd...I don't know about the 39 year old tho...I don't think she yet qualifies. Hey, either do you when I come to think of it! :-)

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Godspeed, old babes!

You give me strength and hope!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Woot! Woot! Go, grandmas!!

Shawn said...

Holy crap--those women are in their SIXTIES??? They look fabulous. I don't look that good now....