Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More of the same

More and more and more rain! So far today only 0.4 inches, the lightest amount in 3 days.

I suppose it would be good for my swimming if I would just grow gills in response, but the local flooded ditches aren't deep enough for a proper freestyle stroke. The streets are only flooded a couple inches deep, so that's not good for training either.

Do you think the tires on my bike will float?

Update: Make that another inch today. With more forecast for tomorrow. And Thursday. And Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday. Oh well, look on the bright side: If this were the middle of winter, we might be under about six feet of snow right now.

6 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Ugh. my sympathies. Got trainer? Got treadmill? Or do you just run in the rain? here in Albuquerque, we've been having "anti-rain" storms: wicked dust storms that blow like crazy with exactly 20 drops of rain. Enough moisture for the sand to stick to everything you own.

Granny said...

I hope for better weather for you soon. Been keeping up with you on the news.

For us, it's heat and more heat.

Habeela said...

Man! That just sucks! Hope it ends soon.

Anonymous said...

The bridges across the Delaware in my neck of the woods closed this morning and after spending 45 minutes trying to get there through flooded, closed and tree blocked roads I was the second to last car to get across before they closed the last one!
Yippee me! I made to work!
Now how will I get home....
I feel your pain!
Hey, get join an inline speed team and you can workout indoors in bad weather!!! LOL

Oldman said...

ugh I hope the rain stops soon so you can back to training....

Nancy Toby said...

SH - hope you get home okay!!

Yay, I finally got out for a bike ride today!