Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Triple workout day

I got a lot done today with the girls under supervision and being kept happy.

First I went to the morning lap swim at the town pool. A couple of our local residents had the same idea.

I did a total of 2000 yards in something less than the hour it was open, including some balance drills, some flipper and paddle work, and two 500-yard continuous sets at a fairly comfortable but brisk (for me) pace in 12:13 and 12:29. Yeah, in a 25-yard pool with open turns - do you think I should learn how to do flip turns this summer just to speed up my pool times?

Then I got out Old Clunker for a ride around town, since Buttercup is still in the bike hospital. Notice the sophisticated water carrying system?



I think this is either Cheney's or Rumsfeld's place. Nobody else has a steel gate and a flag at the end of the driveway. Not to mention the bizarre camera in the box on the right, badly disguised as an owl house.


After all that I still had another half-hour of free time, so I went over to the track for MORE! I finished a couple of miles - I didn't feel too peppy, and it was getting hot, but I jogged them in 12:17 and 11:51.

Yay! That's not a bad day's work for me! Seven workout hours so far this week, including a complete rest day, and it's only Wednesday! Woot!

10 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

At least the locals look friendly. :) Great job getting in the bike workout no matter what!

Nancy Toby said...

Yeah, it did occur to me that if I were in Florida they would probably be alligators!!!

:) said...

Um...I hate to ask this...but what is that bike's name?

Butterball? ;)

Fe-lady said...

wow...you make me feel lazy!
Thanks for the pix of the area...everything is so GREEN there, and everything here is ready to catch fire and burn up!
I found and printed the article...very nice! Yeah, I know somebody FAMOUS now!

Bolder said...

woot!

Cliff said...

Nancy,

Thanks for the tip. I gotta see if my watch has one of those beeper options.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Ew, e.coli in the pool....
And is that a KICK STAND holding that bike up???

Naw, I'm just jealous 'cause you're doing more training than I am.

Nice neighborhood, great pictures!

Veeg said...

VERY nice!

I think your ole grey mare of a bike is sort of sweet. :)

Granny said...

Are the ducks a tradition or did they just happen to show up?

Holly said...

Way to ROCK it Nancy!