Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Buying training time

I may just have found a way to crank my training up another 6 to 8 hours per week! This solution won't work for everyone, of course, but keep your fingers crossed that it works for us.

I'm hiring a local honors student that lives a couple of blocks away to play with my girls two mornings per week. The public pool two blocks in the other direction has morning lap swim 0730-0830 on weekdays, and then I can still have 3 hours to ride and/or run for a big brick twice per week.

I'm very hopeful that this will work out! I tend to get very serious about getting my training done when time is limited, so this should push me to accomplish some valuable training. At least that's the plan!

I'm having her start for a couple of hours tomorrow just to learn the routine, and then start for real next Tuesday for my recovery after Eagleman.

5 comments:

:) said...

Great plan! Hope it works out...

Brooke said...

That sounds like a wonderful treat for yourself. I need to find someone in my neighborhood for that very same purpose.

Trisaratops said...

Sounds like a win-win situation to me! :)

Lisa said...

I hope that works well for you! I did this for a mom for awhile and it turned into a full time nanny gig. It's tough to leave your kids with someone new, but I'm sure it'll work out well! :)

Julia said...

Oh Nancy, I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it'll work out well. My son cries when the babysitter has to leave...all that one on one attention, he just loves it.