Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Only in.....

Many of you may know towns similar to the one Grandma lives in. It probably hasn't changed much since she first came here as a girl, many decades ago. Midwestern, semi-rural, backwards, and a bit red-necky. Some folks here call it Dogpatch - affectionately or not.

Just to illustrate - I was in the grocery store today waiting behind an old codger checking out. The checkout girl -- yes, girl, probably all of 18 -- concluded the transaction and asked the old guy if he wanted his receipt.

His reply? "It's not big enough to wipe on, so you might as well keep it."

5 comments:

'Zilla said...

Oh my! That's ok, I'm headed to Norfolk for Thanksgiving... Land of gunracks and buttcracks!!! They're family though, wouldn't change a thing for the world. :) Sounds like you're having a great time, glad to hear it!

Steven said...

That is one of the funniest quotes I've ever read. Thanks for sharing!
Be safe out there...

Miss Rachel said...

That is a great line - so crude (but funny). I'm going to South Bend later this week.

(I have really been enjoying your blog lately. The on-the-road posts are especially cool.)

Ellie said...

You are definitely in the stomping grounds of the Hamilton Clan. Stomp on!!!

My "password" to log on for this post... "Injoy!"

Flatman said...

GROSS....!