Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pre-road trip notes

Arrrgh!! They got me!! McDonald's has a trip planner where you can map out your route and find all the wifi hotspots along the way, along with their restaurant attached to it, of course. I guess the girls will be getting a few servings of their favorite vegetable (don't tell Grandma!) that they rarely get to eat.

And I also may be checking into the Walmart Store Locator along the way, just for emergency backup for overnight parking. From their site: "Wal-Mart permits recreational-vehicle (RV) parking on our store lots, as we are able. The ability to accommodate RVs is determined on a store-by-store basis, contingent upon available space, local regulations and ordinances."

I feel like a real, true American now. God bless the U.S.A.

Now if only I can find a 7-11 each morning for one of those great big coffees full of lots of amaretto creamers loaded with tasty hydrogenated fats, I'll be all set!

2 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Come on into the RV world, Nancy! Although we have yet to stay overnight in a Wal-Mart parking lot, I think the directions to Wal-Mart ought to be on those signs saying "Welcome to Hometown, USA" as you come into a town.

French fries (should we call them Freedom Fries, or is that over? With all the rioting in France?) won't hurt your kids. Chow down, girls!

MB said...

I don't even want to know what's in those amaretto creamers - they're so delicious.