Sunday, November 13, 2005

We have wifi!

Who would have thought that a nice neighbor in this little town would have provided us with wifi service? But there it is! Sure beats checking in from Grandma's Jurassic dialup!

The cats are fleeing in terror, the bric-a-brac is endangered, the photos on display on the tables have been upended - will Grandma's house ever recover from the Terrible Twins? Stay tuned!

We went to the park today - a good dangerous old-fashioned down home one with teeter-totters and jungle gyms and everything. An endangered species. Of course the girls liked jumping in the piles of leaves best of all!!

The winds have been gusting up to 45 mph! Good thing I was able to get here early - it is NOT fun trying to control a 24-foot Winnebago in these conditions!

9 comments:

PuddyRat said...

Whoa! Be safe out there in your travels. You are right the wind and winnebagos just don't go together well.

Oh, and poor grandma's house. I also know that while Grandma was glad to see you come, I know she was equally glad to see you go. Sorry. Grandmotherly humor there. Especially since I is one.

TriDaddy said...

Wow! You made me realize that there aren't any see-saws in any of the playgrounds anymore!?!? I am now on a mission to find one!

:) said...

It was a sad day when they stopped using see-saws...I can't count how many times one slammed into my chin...

Born To Endure said...

I was in Grand Rapids yesterday and the winds were awful going back home...I think I had some tail winds though as I flewwww!!

*jeanne* said...

See-saws...boy-oh-boy, remember SEE-SAWS?

tri-mama said...

What a great trip to take-I've always wanted to travel in a motor home. Have fun with Grandma

Ellie Hamilton said...

Where in Michigan are you? Your description of your trip sounds like when we used to take the kids to Grandma's in Buchanan, MI, near Niles, MI and South Bend, IN.

Cliff said...

I don't miss see saw. I miss merry go rounds.

I wonder why they stop making those. Maybe too many kids got injured in them??

Sixteen Chickens said...

I'm so embarrassed, but I just have to ask... what is a wifi signal? The only wifi signal that I know of is the one my dog makes when she want's to go "out." (Forgive me and remember I'm living in the backwoods. :))