Friday, November 18, 2005

Uh oh

Two weeks of ZIP ZERO NADA training.

And I've got that Goofy Challenge at Disneyworld - a half marathon on Saturday, plus a 5K, then a marathon on Sunday - coming up in only SEVEN weeks. That would be 42.4 miles for the weekend total, yessirree Bob.

I should never have looked at the calendar.

I am SO dead.

I guess that leaves me, what, 4 or 5 weeks of massive amounts of pounding the pavement ahead of me, followed by 2 to 3 weeks of taper madness?

Just for that dumbass Goofy medal. Shoot me now.

There are only two words which explain this type of crazed behavior: Medal ho.

Tell effin' Goofy to stop dangling that crack in front of me. MAKE HIM STOP

4 comments:

PuddyRat said...

Hmmmm...you've done how many marathons in what time frame? Three marathons in three months means you are qualified to join the marathon maniacs. Check them out: www.marathonmaniacs.com.

*jeanne* said...

you 'n' me, ms. toby,

dead as ducks in the goofy durn water

yack
gack
why o why o why-o

?

TriZilla said...

First of all, I'm so glad you had a great vacation with your girls. That will be a trip to remember!

Second: You NEEDED that rest. Yessiree BOB, you did. Mentally and Physically. Accept it!

Third: Like Puddyrat said, you're a maniac - Oh wait. No she's right though: You are still in marathon shape. I bet with a smart program, you'll be in great shape to attain that "effing goofy medal"! :)

Finally: Welcome back!

Helen said...

I love the photo of the medals -- where did you find that? My sister is doing the Goofy Challenge and has been looking for something like that to use as a little extra motivation. (I think my sister is following you: she was at Baltimore for the half, did NYC and will be doing Goofy!)