Tuesday, November 29, 2005

No worries

Yurtie, my online coach and advisor from Australia, says to keep at it and pretty soon I'll be feeling like Susie O'Neill in the pool. He may be delusional, but those delusions sound pretty good to me. Except I hope that doesn't mean he's planning for me to learn the butterfly. Good luck in the Canberra Half Ironman on December 11th, Yurtie! We'll be cheering for you!



We watched the DVD March of the Penguins tonight - compelling drama, and beautifully filmed! And if three-foot-high birds with that much body fat can swim so well, surely I should be able to, right?

5 comments:

*jeanne* said...

I listened to an interview with the director of this movie while coming home from my Turkey Chase on Thanksgiving. (I was trying to find ALICE'S RESTAURANT on NPR, which I sang along with LAST year on the drive home from the Turkey Chase. NPR said it was a Thanksgiving TRADITION - Alice's Restaurant! But I found penguins instead.)
Anyway, it was charming - and he had a very attractive French accent. I should ask for the DVD for Christmas!

Papa Tweet said...

My triathlon coach made me do a couple 50 yard butterfly sets on Monday. Holy Crap! It was pretty hard. I haven't attempted the butterfly in years. The first 25 went pretty well, but the second 25 was like a cannonball. Pretty ugly.

Cliff said...

I don't know about swimming but i can lay on my belly and slide like they do :)

Nancy Toby said...

It's kind of hard to get going on your belly pushing with your feet unless you're on ice or mud.... at least for me it is....

Born To Endure said...

Use fins..they make you feel super fast in the water..and I find it makes me work even harder..I want to see how "fast" I can make myself with these things on..kind of like doing speedwork in the water for me!!