Friday, November 11, 2005

On the road: Night One

The girls and I are at a campground somewhere outside Hagerstown, Maryland, not far from the Antietam Battlefield. Hooray, a wifi connection! We made perhaps 150 miles progress today. Catherine has just calmed down from a screaming fit that I thought would surely attract Child Protective Services. Elisabeth is doing her best to climb out of her crib and get the knives out of the drawer, probably with the intent of murdering her sister.

I tried to get my digital camera to upload some photos from the lovely autumn day here, but as it happens I have the wrong freaking cord for it. Never mind.

You'll have to be happy with some New York City Marathon photos instead. I can't believe I looked that HAPPY! This is Mile 1 and Mile 26.


6 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

We stayed in a Yogi Bear campground near Antietam. You're not there, are you?

Your marathon pictures are wonderful!

UltraMamaC said...

Awesome photo on the bridge. You and two other "bad influences" have sealed my decision to add NY to my list. Have fun with the girls, you brave, brave soul!

Anonymous said...

you look great! I can't believe the second pic was at 26 miles!

Julia said...

You look fantastic for being at the end of a difficult marathon!

Holly said...

You look great! What a wonderful smile!

:) said...

Great photos and an even better smile!