Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Too much!

I need some island time. I was about ready to go postal in the pool today. Samoan Man was in my lane. He wasn't wearing goggles and was swimming blind, flopping over both sides of the lane and bouncing off the lane marker and the side of the pool. Doing friggin' breaststroke and butterfly and splashing the aqua aerobics folks all the way on the other side of the pool and punching me now and then. I tried to just keep my head down and just swim and mind my own business despite the tsunami conditions, and pretend it was a mass swim start in a triathlon.

Then I got treated to underwater views of ugly pendulous objects floating out from underneath the baggy swim trunks of the elderly men in the aqua aerobics class. Ew.

There is no picture available to post with this entry sufficient to convey the horror of the scene.

I couldn't take it. I quit early before I did something I might regret.

Call me a wimp.

13 comments:

Phil said...

Thank you for not posting a picture!

UltraMamaC said...

and yet, the word "pendulous" conveys so, so much..... sorry!

:) said...

ICK! Not a good mental image...thanks a lot!

Ellie Hamilton said...

LOL!! What an image... photo not necessary. Imagination is better.

You didn't go postal but it gave me deja vu all over again... Nice job. A lesson in taking what comes down the pike, since it's never perfect, being as how we live in the world with fellow humans. It pays to be generous. Way to go.

William said...

You've got me on the floor here!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Oh my gosh. That would have ended my swim instantly. Ah!

The Big Cheese said...

You, my lady, just wrote something Golden.

Nancy Toby said...

I thought that might be right up TBC's alley. I got thinking later that I was actually swimming in the very same water as those pendulous objects.... BIG EW

Vertical Man said...

OK, I need to give equal time to the mostly "elderly" water aerobics class at my health club, which takes up 4 out of 5 lap pool lanes and has a few "pendulous" objects floating around. My swim coach refers to it as "old lady soup!"

Downhillnut said...

And to think of all the trouble one goes to, to make sure the goggles don't fog up. Looks like today was a day to swim blind yourself!

Anonymous said...

hee hee *snort*

Holly said...

Nancy, I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard ... My boss is going to kill me!

I would have left too!

*jeanne* said...

help

i can't breathe

laughing

too

hard