Friday, September 16, 2005

Gremlin

We discovered another problem with this bike trainer setup today. Catherine decided to poke around at the bike and examine the chain, then try to climb on the bike chain, and do her best to hurt herself on it. When that didn't work she started wandering around the house. Suddenly I started noticing greasy black fingerprints on all the door jambs, about 2 feet off the floor. Plus marks on the floor from her greasy socks from attempting to step up on the chain. What a mess! I had to hang her over the sink and wash her hands twice before it all came off. I still have to finish making the rounds of the house to try to find all the black smudges and wipe them up. (Yes, I did clean my bike chain just a week ago for the St. Michaels metric century, it was still black).

Then we went out for a nice 3-mile walk around the neighborhood with the jogstroller. Well, it was nice until the hair-pulling battles punctuated by screaming erupted about 2 miles into the walk. I think I'm going to have to rig up a chicken wire divider down the center of the jogstroller.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Two words - Simple Green. This stuff works wonders on grease and what not. I don't know if it'll be helpful on paint, but on floors and hands and stuff, the grease comes off like buttah. :)

Nancy Toby said...

Well, now that you mention it, butter is another problem....

Ooh, I like your new little icon!!

UltraMamaC said...

I'm sorry, but I nearly drowned my keyboard when I read "the hairpulling!" Reason #684 I'm glad I have boys! Too funny!

:) said...

How about straight-jackets?

Nancy Toby said...

I think duct tape is cheaper. It's hard to find straight jackets in their size.