Thursday, September 08, 2005

Quote of the Day

I liked this quote I just saw today over at CNN. It's from the Katrina thing, but it has universal applicability:

"Take whatever idiot they have at the top of whatever agency and give me a better idiot. Give me a caring idiot. Give me a sensitive idiot. Just don't give me the same idiot." -- Aaron Broussard, President, Jefferson Parish





Then again, this old quote has gained new currency lately:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, “I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”" -- Ronald Reagan, August 12, 1986

3 comments:

Comm's said...

One of my favorite Reaganisms is, "Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem."

My fav, "Trust, but verify."

runr53 said...

One must wonder if Mssr. Broussard was referring to himself for not doing his own job, hehe! Then again, what do I know?

Liz said...

That quote from Broussard cracked me up. How applicable to the situation and ...sometimes to my work. ooops - don't want to bite the hand that feeds me and "sponsors" me.