Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Run, Interrupted

Ack! It's getting light much later these days (7:00 sunrise), and this is NOT a neighborhood in which one wants to run before it's truly light outside. Digestion issues combined with a unexpectedly out-of-order Park Service bathroom did not make for a great long run today. Only 10km with a little hillwork, in about 80 minutes, instead of the much longer run I had planned.

Time for some workout flipflops this week! I may do a long run on Friday, and then bring my bike along to my Chesapeakeman volunteer gig on Saturday. Arrive at 5AM on site (ouch), work the swim start, drive across town to help at the swim exit (2.4-mile point-to-point swim down the Choptank River), then head out on my bike for 3 or 4 hours (some other roads than the actual bike course - I don't think they'll appreciate a non-competitor getting in the way of their event). Then towel off and head over to one of the run aid stations to help out there, and watch Ellie rock that course! That should work! Sounds like a plan to me!

1 comment:

Papa Tweet said...

You go girl, my wife is an Athena and dang proud of it. I am a Clydesdale but hopefully not for long. I started off at 240 but I am down to 200 or so and am trying to get below 200 for good. Triathlon has changed my life and I am a better person because of it. Good luck with the training. I will be checking in on you.