Monday, September 12, 2005

Next year's calendar

While I didn't exactly sign up for Ironman Wisconsin today in the less than seven hours hours it was open (NO WAY) I have managed to put a hefty dent in the credit card with a few other registrations:

So with Columbia and Eagleman in the spring again, next year's triathlon calendar is starting to look a lot like this year. Only faster. :-)

Who is with me!? They're great races!!!

For now, I need to:

  • Find a convenient road race in December to carry my long distance run fitness in between the NY City Marathon in early November and Goofy in early January (perhaps a local half marathon, plus a few miles, or a half followed by another 13-to-18 miles the next day). Races as supported training runs are SO much better than grueling long unsupported solo runs.
  • Cross Chesapeakeman off my list for 2005 - I probably won't do an IM relay marathon there, just volunteer and cheer on Ellie. It's possible I may DNS the Seagull Century, too, since my husband has some activities he really would like to do that day (and he's had a lot of days watching the girls when I've been training or in an event lately).
  • Decide about Ironman Florida 2006 before the NY City Marathon (#8), since registration is the following morning.
  • Find a mid-spring marathon #10: maybe Shamrock in Virginia Beach or Ocean Drive in Cape May, NJ. Then there probably will be the Calgary Marathon (#11) in July, too, with Karen and Dawn (among others). If I'm not totally burned out on marathons by then.
  • And oh yeah. Get the dishwasher replaced. Bah. Frankly, I'd rather run a marathon.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! You're doing an Ironman!! :-O Are you doing both the marathon and the half at Disney? (Goofy challenge) Anyways this is very inspiring!! I hope to be following all your upcoming successes :-)

Nancy Toby said...

Yes about Disney - half marathon, 5K, and marathon. Whew!
Liz, hope to see you at Columbia!!

Lynne said...

OMG! Full schedule - I am totally impressed. You make me think - maybe I could do more...

UltraMamaC said...

Wow. And here I thought I did good this morning by running 4 miles. I am so signing up for Goofy for 2007.

Vertical Man said...

Hey, I'm talking to the Tri-Brother about Eagleman 2006. If he's in then so am I!

Nancy Toby said...

That's great! It's pricey - $195, I think - but it really was an exceptionally well-managed race, with good local support.

Don't delay on reserving lodging if you decide to go - there's not much lodging in the nearby area and it fills up very quickly.

Kerry said...

I'm doing the IronGirl too next August! It will be my first triathlon. I'm pretty strong in swimming, less so in biking, and I can't run at all, so it's going to be a big challenge for me. I'm excited that you'll be there - it'll be nice to "know" someone!

Holly said...

Way to make your Calendar work!

I am considering IronGirl but will have to skip Columbia and Eagleman this year since I promised my Dr. that I would take it easy for a while after the Army 10 Miler and Marine Corps Marathon.

Can you believe you have to register for Columbia and Eagleman NOW!!??!! CRAZY!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Funny you should post this because I started thinking about my "next" goals as well.

Nancy Toby said...

Who are you calling FUNNY? ;-)

*jeanne* said...

You GOTTA do Calgary!!! Our Calgarians (aka, Calagarians) did PWC!!!

Chris said...

You're thinking about Florida too?! How many of the tri-blogging alliance are heading down there? It sounds like there may be too many to let this opportunity pass up!

Ellie Hamilton said...

Gosh, Nancy, your blog is where the party is today! :-)

You make me want to get off my butt and plan some races...

Tracy said...

Cool schedule! $195 for Eagleman, though!? Holy cow, that seems steep for a half Ironman! Is the medal made out of gold or something?