Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ten Days to the Tour!

Le TourAre you READY for the 2005 Tour de France!? As Flatman and Sports Illustrated already pointed out, Lance Armstrong does not intend to lose his last Tour! I sure hope that Ivan Basso gives him a good run for his money, though!

I just realized it was coming up in a hurry! I had to quickly order cable TV service for our place in St. Michaels. Atlantic Broadband is the only provider in the area, so it wasn't a hard choice, after we decided to go cable rather than getting a satellite dish installed.

Here's the OLN-TV Tour de France broadcast schedule as of today for July 2-24 (it will change daily depending on the stage, though). I would tune in just to hear Phil Liggett's commentary. I love Phil Liggett. :-)
Pre-race 8:30-9am ET
Live 9-11:30am ET
Re-air 12-2pm ET
Re-air 2:30-4:30pm ET
Re-air 5-7pm ET
Pre-Race Show 8-8:30pm ET
Primetime Coverage 8:30-11pm ET 12-2:30am ET

Gee, I better get high-speed internet too while I'm at it, don't you think? Dialup is a sick joke.

I was just browsing through the TiVo site, too. Hmm, is being able to pause live TV and fast-forward through commercials worth $200-$300 for the box and $13 per month for the TiVo service? I'm starting to think that it is....

8 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Hey ...who's that with the yellow helmet??? SUPAAHHH STAHHHHH

Nancy Toby said...

Um, is that REALLY YOU Shelley!!??!!?? Wow, you're A FAST WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vj said...

TiVO rocks. It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!! We got ours a year and a half ago. I think I've channel surfed twice since. It was brilliant last summer being able to watch both the USA and the Univision coverage of the Olympic Racewalks, and to be able rewind and watch Athanasia Tsoumeleka surge forward to steal the race over and over again! (Okay, I know that's TMI, but did you know spanish for racewalk is caminata?)

So not only can you fastforward through the commercials, you can fastforward through everything that is remotely boring. You can slo-mo stuff. How on earth can you live without this?

(and no, I don't work for TiVO, I don't own TiVO stock, I don't even know if TivO is public -- it's just the best money we've spent in, well, a long time.)

Jack said...

I hope Lance isn't going to the well one too many times. I wonder, if I were in his place, if I would risk losing my last vs. going out on top. More power to him and I'll be rooting for him.

Helen said...

I have to chime in to tell you that Tivo does totally rock! I bought my husband an 80 hour Tivo with the lifetime service package and it is the best money I've spent in years. It does change your life. You'll never pay attention to a TV schedule again. Plus you can tell it to tape all kinds of cool stuff for you like triathlons and cycling.

Oldman said...

i've been thinking about tivo...but the subscription...so nowim looking at a hp media puter that works like a tv records up to 2 channels while you watch a third pause live tv all on hard drive of 200 gig.
whats with st. michaels. I anchor off the museum but i have no place to come to shore. everyone wants to charge you a dingy fee or dockage fee. all i want to do is tie up and go somewhere for dinner. btw i think the swans are in love with my boat the were kiss the bow the last time i was there.

Brett said...

I have DVR through my local cable company. Not too bad for price. Works great. I'm definitely hooked. Now I can waste time efficiently :>

Brett

:) said...

I'm about to pee, I am so excited! Only one other event gets me so pumped and that is Shelley's "A" race for this year!