Thursday, June 30, 2005

Safety reminder

idI just ordered two new identification tags for my solo training runs and rides, and I thought I'd remind everyone reading to get one yourself if you haven't already, or if you're prone to losing your wallet. I had one from RoadID which velcroed on my running shoes, but somehow I lost it in a transition between shoes. So it was time to get another. I added a dogtag style ID too in my order this time so that I'd have one for swimming (I tuck it in the front of my swimsuit or jogbra so the jangling doesn't drive me around the bend). I ordered mine with a big TRIATHLETE logo on it, just to make sure that I am absolutely positively no-mistakes correctly identified, as well as to broadcast my elite status to the world even if my body markings wear off. RoadID also has velcro wristlet and anklet styles. I have no commercial interest, I'm just a satisfied (though absent-minded) customer.

5 comments:

:) said...

These are cool. My mom (of all people) got worried about me when I started cycling longer distances solo and made me a laminated card with lots o' pertinent info on it: emergency contacts, blood type, address, organ donor info., coffin size...you know, just the important stuff.

Comm's said...

Big road id fan.

I have two of their shoe tags. I have a personal dog tag that I did vitals on with a digital label maker with a sticky back.

Very important PSA nancy

Born To Endure said...

This is the company I used to make the tri-drs tag a long time ago..you have reminded me that I should make one for myself..I worry about what would happen if I was ever hit by a car or something..how the heck would anyone know who I was??
thanks Nancy!

Tracy said...

Hey - what a great idea, I'll need to get some of those. I usually carry my DL, but what a pain if I were to lose it out there.

Cambio said...

Checkout http://www.mydogtag.com, they have an online dogtag generator so you can see exactly what they will look like before you order them