Saturday, June 25, 2005

Getting better all the time....


Woo! It is a GOOD day today. :-) It's June, what's not to like!?

I rode 26.4 miles on Buttercup at an average of 15.5 mph this morning, including two slow passes through town. I think that's my fastest average speed to date! Now, granted, that speed would still keep me firmly at the back of the pack at the Blackwater Duathlon in 36 days (especially combined with slow transitions and running speed), but any improvement is always encouraging and highly welcome! I'm still having a few musculoskeletal complaints with aero position, but I hear that it takes 600 miles to get accustomed to it, and I've still got about 300 to go on that.

My cable TV is now hooked up in St. Michaels! I'm ready for Le Tour!

Best of all, my cable Internet connection is online and working! Yay! I've emerged from the scary and depressing Dark Ages of Dialup once again!

Yesterday I had a really nice swim - the nicest part being that I could get OUT of the pool and say "oh, that's enough for today" after a leisurely 500m/10 lap swim. Ahhhhh, that's the life.

It was more fun walking the girls around in the baby pool. Which they don't call the baby pool any more, because that's somehow demeaning to the age-challenged, height-challenged individuals who use it. They call it instead the "round pool" (versus the "rectangular pool" that the other folks use). Sheesh.

Good luck to Wil and Kahuna and Brother Kahuna (ouch!) and Shelley (thanks for the kind mention!) and anyone else with a Big Event this weekend!



PS: The new "Blogger Images" function ROCKS!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh how I wish we could get anything BUT dial-up. I think we'll be in dinasour county forever out here!