Sunday, June 19, 2005

Track work

I'm already revising the marathon training plan! I had a 10-miler LSD workout on the calendar for this weekend, but then I realized I had a substantial long slow slow slow distance workout last weekend at Eagleman, so I should probably do a tempo workout this weekend. So I went to the track and did one-mile repeats, with quarter-mile walk breaks in between:
  • 10:28
  • 10:36
  • 10:53
  • 11:21
If I get my body accustomed to running 10-to-11 minute miles, hopefully the 11-to-12 minute miles will feel enough easier that I can do quite a few of them back-to-back during a longer race or marathon. That's the idea, at least!

ospreyWhile I was on my first or second lap on the track my olfactory sensors detected a 10-inch dead fish lying about 10 feet from the side of the track - apparently left there by a clumsy osprey who must have dropped it in mid-flight not long after fishing it out of the Miles River about a quarter mile away. After I had finished a mile or two one of the local turkey vultures had claimed it for his prize. Mmm, yum yum yum.

I'm sending good vibes to Shelley, who has hopefully finished up a good day at Muskoka Triathlon in Ontario by now! I'm looking forward to hearing how she did! 117 days until KONA for her!

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

Thanks Nancy..and i'm with you on the run times for sure!!!