Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Trapezius trigger point remedy


Okay, so I was complaining online about a trigger point that I have in my left trapezius that hurts in one certain location a lot of the time, a LOT. I suspect that it's aggravated by slouching in front of my computer too much and by breathing mostly to my right side while swimming freestyle. I found a good web page here that discusses various causes and remedies.

So Linae recommends this Eagle Pose yoga thing.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure that my body does that!!!! Now maybe if Yoga Man could come over to my house and rub my neck a little, that might help.

I think this is what she would recommend for something more serious:

Okay, okay, Linae, I'll try it. I'll try almost anything once.

THANK YOU!



Actually, Linae, giving credit where credit is due, that really does stretch out that particular location very well (the arm on top, especially). I hadn't tried that - thank you again!

3 comments:

tri-mama said...

Nice pose, only problem I'd stretch my trap and fall on my ass. I'd have serious biking problems if I broke my coccyx. (If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite rent it tonight :))

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Tri-mama, you don't have to do the legs part of the pose. All I use is the arm positioning.

Glad it helped, Nancy.

Linda said...

Ahhhh! Just the pose I need at this time in my life.