Friday, June 03, 2005

Long-range forecast is in

thunderstormThe 10-day forecast for Cambridge, Maryland on June 12, 2005 says scattered thunderstorms (not good) but highs of 79*F/26*C and lows of 65*F/18*C (very good). The normal high for this time is 85*F, so any number of degrees lower than that is a Good Thing. OK, OK, I know the 10-day forecast is about as reliable as flipping a coin, but it gives me something to continue obsessing about.

Ooh, they just posted the times for our swim waves at Eagleman. It looks like (if the Athenas go with their age groups) I'll be starting my day at Eagleman at 0655, otherwise known as O Dark Thirty, in the first wave after the pros. OK, I can do this. I think. Just as long as I set three alarm clocks for 3AM. An early start is good, since the rest of the age-groupers start as far as one hour 34 minutes behind me, and it means I won't be such a straggler late in the day out on the run course. Think positive.

Ah, yes, I confirmed it with the Race Director "Vigo" - I've got to be in the water ready to rock and roll at 0655. Now I'm glad that means my day will be done by 3PM, and I won't be a lonely final finisher out there by myself, hopefully, but it also means I need to work on getting up early all this week to get this old body accustomed to early morning wakeups!

Ooh, the swim course will circle around a boat, it says. I'll just pretend I'm at Kona swimming with Shelley. Only half as long. With little visibility. In cold water. And not in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Comm's said...

Nancy you are always so positive. Don't fret too much over the weather. IMHO, inclimate weather just makes the race all the more memorable.

:) said...

It will probably be 95* and sunny-hot. That is how much the weather-men know what is going to happen 10 days from now!

Born To Endure said...

If it rains, it will feel good..you'll be working so hard that you'll actually appreciate the rain!! You'll do fine girl, we're all pulling for you.