Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My Eagleman pace chart

These are the splits I have to hit to make the finish line in 8:00 (er, make that 7:59), allowing the full 1:10 for the swim, 10 minutes for transitions, and 3 hours for the half marathon run, and planning in some inevitable slowing-down on the bike and run. Anything ahead of this pace is gravy. If my day is going well, I'm confident that I can make these times. If something bad happens, well, it happens, and hopefully I can roll with the punches and make up a little time later. Does this look correct to you? I think I can, I think I can....


Elapsed
Leg

Start SWIM (6:55am)
0:00
0:00

End SWIM - start T1 1:10
1:10

T1


0:07

Start BIKE 1:17
0:00

22 mile turn 2:42
1:25
15.5 mph
37 mile turn 3:40
2:23
15.5 mph
47 mile turn 4:20
3:03
15.0 mph
End bike - start T2 4:57
3:40
15.0 mph
T2

0:03

Start RUN 5:00
0:00

3 miles 5:38
0:38
13:00 pace
turnaround: 6.55 6:25
1:25

10 miles 7:15
2:15
14:20 pace
FINISH
(2:54pm)
7:59

2:59


9 comments:

FTL said...

Wow, u are crunching the numbers. I should do that. I have some times i hope to make, but its all a swag for this 1/2IM first timer.

I saw your prep list and i didnt see any body glide on it. I recommend it for getting the wetsuit on and off and for saving your neck from getting a rash.

Good luck to you and buttercup!

UltraMamaC said...

Dang, woman. You are the case study in preparedness. You awe me every time I come here. You will do incredibly well. Considering I die after about 9 miles on the bike and would sink INSTANTLY on the swim, you are my hero! Wow

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Go Nancy! You're mentally preparing yourself in every way. Start visualizing your finsih, girl. You're gonna rock at Eagleman.

Vertical Man said...

I think it's well thought-out and very doable. What I learned this past Sunday, though, is I need a fall-back plan when things go to Hell for whatever reason. I sorta checked out mentally when my goal time was out of reach. So stay strong and focused if that happens to you!

TriDaddy said...

Wow... you should map out race plans for a living. Holy crap! That's awesome. Good luck!

tri-mama said...

You are one of the most positive people I've encountered in these blogs- I have no doubt you'll make your time and have a great race to report

go get em Tri ma 2

vj said...

You really should direct races. You've got every angle there! You are going to do so well, Nancy!

Tracy said...

Hey, this is awesome! Now you have a plan! Go for it ;)

Meagan said...

Wooo! Go get 'em, Tiger!