Friday, December 01, 2006

Training gone all to hell

It's probably best not to add up your workout totals in a month that includes an Ironman attempt right at the beginning. Those do-nothing recovery days add up fast! Here are my November totals, which seem pretty puny to me:
  • Swim: 6019 meters in 3 swims
  • Bike: 172 miles in 3 bike outings
  • Run: 51 miles in 14 runs
But it's funny how your perspective changes, isn't it? Here are my totals for 1 year ago, November 2005, which seemed more or less adequate:
  • Swim: 1500 meters in 1 swim
  • Bike: 44 miles
  • Run: 53 miles

4 comments:

Leese said...

Wow. Got here through Jack's blog. I'm so glad I found yours.

I'm attempting a half-iron and I'm overwhelmed at how much training there is to do. You're an inspiration.

Leese
http://leeseonline.wordpress.com

Nancy Toby said...

Thank you! Glad you're reading! Try not to get overwhelmed - it's all just one day at a time, one mile at a time!

Iron Pol said...

And it's all a matter of perspective, too.

Consider that you did over 6000 yards in only three swims. In many cases for me, four swims would barely equal that.

Nancy Toby said...

Heh, recall one of those was at IMFL. That's a LOT longer than I would normally swim!!!