Thursday, December 14, 2006

Triathlon 101 cutoffs


I just got the good word on the cutoffs - promptly and politely - from Shannon from Tri One O One:

"Each event will start with the men and women pros in two separate waves followed by 45 minutes of waves starts for age groupers. We will start some of our older age groups first to allow for more time on the course, followed by the remaining age groups in age group order. The swim cutoff is 1 hour and 45 minutes after the start of the last swim wave. The bike cutoff is 6 hours after the cutoff of the swim and the run will close 4 hours and 15 minutes after the bike course has closed. This allows for a total of 12 hours to complete the entire event after the start of the last wave of the swim. "

I like the distances, I like their customer service, I like that us slowbies start first, I like their ambitious plans for the events. . . . all that remains is for me to decide WHICH ONE?

4 comments:

Flo said...

I'm seriously considering this too. I'm thinking of doing Texas. I have a 70.3 in June and then this in November. That could work..

Nancy Toby said...

Shelley is doing Texas!!
http://ironm4n.blogspot.com/

I'm still thinking. I may try Florida in May - it would be a nice getaway then. We'll see...
But I'm truly psyched up about the series! I wish I knew what venues they were considering for 2008!

KLN said...

I'd got for Cali. More likely dry, sunny, and not too hot. Looks like fun!

Scott Hughes said...

Triathlons are incredibly hard and take a lot of training. It takes an dedicated athlete to compete in triathlons.

Thanks,
Scott Hughes
Triathlon Forums