Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Our stockings are hung (on the side of a cabinet right now, since we don't have a fireplace here), waiting for Santa's arrival tonight.

The tree is fully protected against marauding three-year-olds, and bare of most ornaments this year. No need to tempt disaster.

It was warm today, in the fifties, so I finally took the opportunity to set up the Old Blue, the Lotus road bike, with the kid carrier and platform pedals. I took Elisabeth and Catherine out each for a spin around the block. Elisabeth was frightened and Catherine was delighted. It handled better than I expected - the only major problem is swinging my leg over the top tube when the kid is occupying the carrier! And getting accustomed to platform pedals again is funny, too! This carrier should work for about another year, until the girls get taller or they get over 40 pounds.

4 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Merry Christmas Nancy. By the way, you've been tagges. See my blogspot blog...lol.

Born To Endure said...

You have to put a gate around the tree...hee hee is it trying to escape? Have wonderful Christmas with your little ones Nancy!!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

You know my mom does the same thing to her Christmas tree, still. Hmmmm... I wonder if she's trying to tell me something?

Iron Pol said...

Gates around the tree... Sheer genius. NOW you post that. It should have been up weeks ago. I spent the past weeks constantly chasing Monster Girl away from the tree (and trying to find the presents she took).

And we have no decorations at all on the bottom third of the tree.