Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More on the 101 series

Phil updated his nifty triathlon-time calculator so that you can estimate your times for a 101 triathlon.

Also, he pointed out to me the schedule on the website, which suggests that the cutoffs for total time on course will be in the 12 to 12.5-hour range:

Sunday, May 6
5:00am - 6:00am Bike and Run Special Needs Drop-off
5:00am - 6:45am Body Marking
7:00am Pro Men Start
7:05am Pro Women Start
7:10am Age Group Wave Starts TBA
10:00am - 7:45pm Merchandise Tent Open
7:45pm Race Ends
8:00pm - 9:30pm Celebration/Awards Party

I emailed the organizers asking for a definitive word on the cutoffs, but haven't heard back yet.

I think I could do that! It sounds like a pretty reasonable long day's work to me, so most of us can finish before we drop from exhaustion and don't have to keep slogging in the pitch dark until close to midnight!



Update: I did get a prompt response from the 101 folks, which is always an encouraging sign from any race!

"While we haven't finalized the cutoffs yet . . . we are thinking that 12-13 hrs should be reasonable. Yes, there will be cutoffs for each segment of the event: swim cutoff, bike cutoff, 1/2 run cutoff. As soon as we establish them, they will be posted."

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

So does this mean you are going too Nancy?? I'm signing up!!!!!!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You have me seriously considering.

21st Century Mom said...

I feel a big race coming on for the Nancinator. Yeah!

Flo said...

I am seriously considering this too. I used to live in Clearlake and racing there would just be awesome. Hmmm.....