Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Christmas meme

Okay, I usually don't respond to tags, but here you go, Dawn.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? None, right now. One bow on the lamppost and the lit tree in the living room window every night.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Too poisonous to have around kids.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I get around to it after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and cranberries and gravy. That's one dish if the gravy covers everything.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Can't remember. Most of the holidays in my "family of origin" involved fighting, as I recall.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think my brother told me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Fake tree with built-in lights, now. Unbreakable ornaments so far.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Dread it, mostly.

12. Can you ice skate? Sort of, very badly.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No. Maybe a stuffed animal lion when I was about 6.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Staying warm. Relaxing.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pecan pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around to look at Christmas lights.

17. What tops your tree? Gold star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I think people lie about this answer! Receiving, if it's a nice surprise.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

20. Candy canes? Fruity ones, not peppermint. How about ribbon candy? I haven't seen that for years.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Polar Express.

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, milk, and carrots for the reindeer.

I'll add a question: Christmas or Hanukkah or Winter Solstice or Saturnalia or Festivus or Kwanzaa or Yule? A, B, and C.

1 comment:

Comm's said...

none of us had watched polar express. It was on ABC Family so we put Mo in front of it, I sat on the couch with a book and Mistress was in doing chores.

I couldn't read I was engrossed in the movie and Mo despite his protests of "I don't like this movie" was completely enraptured and watched it with eyes wide open.

the next day he asked to watch it (I tivo'd) and he still said he didn't like it but couldn't stop watching.

Great movie.