Monday, March 12, 2007

Crabby Crab

I'm not sure exactly where he came from, or who first discovered his presence, but appropriately enough for a child who lives near the Chesapeake Bay, Catherine has developed a slightly paranoid awareness of Crabby Crab.

Crabby Crab is distantly related to the Boogey Man, I believe. He lives in dark culverts where you can't see in. He lurks in the shadows. He has claws. He pinches.

Beware of Crabby Crab.

At least she doesn't have to deal with the Monster from Centennial Lake.

6 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

My brother was about 6 when we move from Ohio to the east coast. After we'd been there a while my mother noticed that the kid was dirty even though he had been taking showers regularly (yeah I know - 6 seems a little young to be showering solo but that's the way my Mom rolled). Anyhow, one day while he was showering she went into the bathroom to check up on him and found him standing in the tub as far away fro the shower head as he could get and just sort of 'air scooping' water and sprinkling himself. My Mom asked him why he was doing that and he said he didn't want any jelly fish getting on him.

Sea Coast kids have a different breed of demon.

Nancy Toby said...

That's so funny! I'll bet you never let him live it down!

Ellie Hamilton said...

So... is Crabby Crab a local mascot or something? Or did Catherine make him up?

Chris said...

Haha! What an awesome picture! :)

TriGirl 40 said...

Goodness me, no wonder I am afraid of shellfish! I second Ellie's request to learn more about whether this a local legend or a very creative figment of Catherine's imagination...

Nancy Toby said...

I think it was a combination of "the Tickle Monster" and Catherine's active imagination embroidering it a bit.