Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Marine Corps Marathon 2007

I'm in. October 28, don't be late.

Today I finally sent in the guaranteed entry form that Linae got for me. Thanks, Linae!

I'm trying to convince my training buddy David to run it too, but he ran it last year and is leaning toward Richmond. Bah. But I will have the fine company of Shawn and Holly on the course! Hooray!

The plan is to complete my 10th marathon and beat my 2001 MCM time of 6:16. By at least an hour. Hopefully more. Then I plan to retire from marathoning.

At least until Big Sur 2008. Then I'll really retire. Heck, I'll be an old coot by then, well over 50 years of age. I'll probably be using my walker to get around the course by then.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh come on now. You'll be fit and fabulous through your fifties and beyond. Looking forward to continued reading on your progress.

UltraMamaC said...

tempting, tempting... I LOVED that race. Nothing quite like being handed water by a gorgeous Marine and telling them "thank you," only to haeve them reply, "No, thank YOU, ma'am!" The course was beautiful (notice how I've already blocked out the wind at Hain's Point), and turning the corner onto that dang bridge was AMAZING!!

but, not this year. Have fun!

nancytoby said...

I think I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys the Hains Point section - peaceful and nice views! And the bridge, too!! NOT the windy roads around the Pentagon, though!

Fe-lady said...

One of my best high school friends is running this also! Cool-now I have two of you to cheer on that day! It will be fun to read about your training!

Nancy Toby said...

Oh yeah. Training.

Ummmmm....

ShirleyPerly said...

Over 50 = Old coot?

I just saw a CNN story about how women in their 60's are looking better than ever and doing more than ever. I think you still have a lot to look forward to, young lady :-)

Good luck at MCM!

Jonah Holland said...

I vote for Richmond for David. You know that is where we live and we love it here. I work at the visitor center so let me know if he wants some help with visitor info....advice on where to stay....what the course is like etc. No, I haven't run it...but last year I rode it on my bike, to cheer on the TRIgirls.

Nancy Toby said...

NoooooOOOOOooooo!!

Actually, I've done Richmond and liked it a lot! I think it's a faster course than MCM, that's for sure, and a very nice race.

*jeanne* said...

MCM was my 10th last fall.

Watch out for that 10k corral pack. Get into the race, not into a log-jam for the WRONG event like I did.

I liked Hain's Point. Peaceful, pretty, trees and shade.