Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm Numero Uno

Dora is teaching Catherine to speak Spanish. (Elisabeth has a hard enough time with English). So now she's reciting her numbers:

"Mommy, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco."

I'm honored to have a number named after me. Maybe next year I'll get a month or a day of the week too. Nancuary. Mommyday.

We kind of like the fox. His name is Swiper, and he steals stuff. Viewers are supposed to yell at the screen, "Swiper, no swiping!" I'm not sure if he's teaching about techniques of thievery, or the ethics of personal ownership, or aquisition of material goods, or what exactly, but Swiper adds some dramatic flair. But I still don't think that's a very effective crime-stopping technique.

2 comments:

momo said...

dora the explorer, i haven't watched that in SOOO long. my kids are just too old now (sad!). i liked how she always said backpack, then everyone says backpack.... :-)

nancytoby said...

Mipper!!!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! Welcome back!!