Saturday, March 03, 2007

Yard work day

Today I worked a couple hours in the yard on our first fairly warm Saturday of the year. Massively pruned back four of our holly trees that grow like weeds here (we get another foot of growth each and every year). Cut back the crape myrtle branches and some other unknown-name bushes where they were hitting the house. Steve sawed down the long-dead lilac bushes into stumps. I stuffed full three contractor-sized bags full of clippings and there's still a 5-foot-high pile of big branches behind the house. Hopefully I can get the lawn service guys to haul it away with their annual spring cleaup in a few more weeks.

Tomorrow is my first half marathon of the year. I'm going to run it hard. It will feel like 18 or 20 miles. It's going to hurt. I'm ready for it.

7 comments:

TriDaddy said...

Good luck on your race!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

GOOD LUCK!

UltraMamaC said...

you should be in bed now so you won't see this 'til later, but good luck! All that training and eating better is going to pay off -- have a great race!

Nancy Toby said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck nancy!!!!!!

Jonah Holland said...

Have a great race Nancy....I know the weather here is perfect...I hope it is the same there, eventhough you are a couple hours north.

momo said...

good luck, nancy! run well and enjoy the day!