Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My race history

On one of my lists someone asked about our race histories. This is mine, from what I recall:
  • First competitive races/awards: 1970 (on horseback), in suburban Chicago area. Competed successfully for about a decade.
  • First road races: circa 1982, in rural Illinois. Mostly 10Ks in those days. I was definitely NOT competitive, though I did get one 3rd-place trophy in a 5K once.
  • Late 1980s: three-year sojourn into powerlifting, in which I was quite successful. I've got a body built strength and power, not for endurance!
  • First multisport race: 1989, a duathlon (run-bike, then called a biathlon) in New Hampshire. I don't recall any helmets. I've still got the bike!
  • Decade-long break to pursue my career, plus sit on the couch a lot and gain as much weight as I possibly could.
  • First triathlon: 2002, New Jersey. I walked a lot on the swim in a shallow lake.

1 comment:

21stCenturyMom said...

You WALKED on the swim? That is hysterical. I've never seen anyone do that.

You are looking mighty fit these days. I guess those couch days are but a distant memory.