Sunday, March 11, 2007

Cycling Weekend

Hooray! The first weekend when it's been nice enough to go out on the bike both days. This was yesterday at Transtion at my training buddy David's house, before we went out on our 30-miler. He got the rack from a local bike shop - I want one!

Then today we took the girls out on the kid carriers on the bikes and rode around the neighborhood.



The view across the harbor. . . .

It looked like a swan convention! I've never seen so many gathered here! The Natural Resources folks from the state want to cull down the swan population in the Chesapeake Bay since they're non-native and eat the water grasses, but I'm cheering on the side of the swans.

4 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Pretty! What type of orchard is that you are riding near? Cherry trees? I bet whatever they are, they are great in full bloom!

Nancy Toby said...

Actually I think they're just some firethorn (?) bushes. They have red berries and nasty long thorns. We had one on the side of our house and got the sucker taken down by a tree service, that is nasty stuff to handle!

Robin said...

Awwwww, cute kid pics! I remember when mine were small enough to fit in bike seats. So much fun!!! Looks like a great ride.

21stCenturyMom said...

Spring! Yeah.