Friday, March 02, 2007

Fear-based training

It works for me! Here's the evidence:

March 1, 2006
  • Swim YTD: 28,990 yards
  • Bike YTD: 349 miles
  • Run/walk YTD: 123 miles
March 1, 2007
  • Swim YTD: 15,700 yards
  • Bike YTD: 191.5 miles
  • Run YTD: 84.7 miles
  • Walk YTD: 10.8 miles
Yes, I just don't quite have the same motivation to train that I did last year at this time, without that Ironman scimitar hanging over my head.

Still, I weigh less, I'm running faster, and I'm much more confident in the water and on the bike. And I'm ready to crank up the volume when the weather improves and I can have some fun out there!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...sounds like what you're doing is working for you and that's what matters, not numbers, as you well know. Haven't been to your blog in ages. I'll have fun getting caught up!

Fe-lady said...

You are STILL acuumulating significant mileage WITHOUT having the IM hanging over your head!
Wow! And you live in a winter climate-and have more bike mileage under your belt than I do!
(Tough cookie!)
Glad you are still having fun!

Andra Sue said...

Fear Based Training...FBT...I like that, very catchy. I'm right there with ya, it's the only way I roll. Nevertheless, you're still doing awesome with your volume. :)

Spokane Al said...

Your plan seems sound to me. Just keep adding those vegetables and things will work out just fine.