Monday, March 19, 2007

The dreaded first dentist visit

Actually (much to my surprise) it went great! I took the girls to an all-pediatric dental practice and they had lots of great toys to play with, and nobody was offended by two rambunctious little girls. They got to sit in the chair together side by side and watch Nemo and play with a stuffed dolphin during their check-up.

The very best part, as far as they were concerned, was getting balloons and stickers at the end.

Good thing they liked it, because with those crooked underbites on both of my girls, they're going to be doing a lot of sitting in dentist and orthodontist chairs in the next couple of decades.

2 comments:

Fe-lady said...

My daughter had/has a great dentist too....she went the first time at two and he let her water his plants with the water squirter. I thought that was ingenious!

UltraMamaC said...

the little one has bitten the dentist twice, spit on the hygenist, and otherwise caused all kinds of havoc -- it once took 4 people (5 if you include me) to hold him down and get him to take the sedative stuff. I'm amazed they don't lock the door when they see us coming. hope your luck continues