Saturday, October 07, 2006

Still sick

This coughing up jellyfish is getting real old. I spent an hour on a little jellyfish clearance project in the middle of the night last night. So I decided about 4:30AM that I wasn't going to get up at 5:30AM as planned to head to the pool.

Instead I did a little run on the track, just to get my legs limbered up again and remind them of what they need to do. Four mile repeats:
  • 11:00
  • 11:00
  • 10:54
  • 10:55
I forgot the heart rate meter, but it subjectively seemed a fairly moderate pace for me. Hmm, I'd have to maintain under a 11:57 min/mile pace to get a PR next Saturday in the hilly half marathon in Baltimore. Wonder if I can on those hills. We'll see! I've got a few more miles to cover that day to get in my last long run before Ironman Florida, so running at a fast pace for me isn't my top priority. I'm considering taping over my watch face and just running on "feel" and seeing what happens, just as an experiment.

1 comment:

Ellie Hamilton said...

At least you're not coughing up oysters.