Sunday, October 08, 2006

Still Sick II

Awake about 4 or 5 times last night, dealing with jellyfish removal again. WILL THERE BE NO END TO THEM?? Still, my training buddy David emailed me so I got out on the bike for 32 miles. That was enough for today, even though the weather was gorgeous. I'm not going to make fitness progress this week, but maybe that's enough to keep from backsliding too far.

One good thing: my cool-weather cycling jersey and vest that was snug last winter is now pretty loose. They must have stretched out over the summer.

I coughed a lot to try to make David feel sorry for me. But he didn't. At least he didn't yell at me for draggin' my butt.

7 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Guifenesen is good stuff.
This is a daily event for me. My jellyfish (ew-thanks for the image)get stuck in my throat a lot, and I have to clear them out. AHEMHEMHEMHEEMMMMM. Drives Myles Crazy.

Ellie Hamilton said...

I guess I lucked out in not catching it, eh?

Training/exercise and the deep breathing that goes with it will help you cough that crap out. Just don't do more than you're ready for.

Being sick sucks.

KLN said...

Feel better soon, please!

And nope, not stretching, but all your very hard work. You look *amazing*!

Fe-lady said...

Oh man..I guess it's better now than a week before IM tho..look at it that way!
Feel better!
Oh, and did you see me on the AZIM tape-I was on the back of the orange motorcycle taking pix of the pros...hee hee!

Cliff said...

Nancy,

Just caught up on the pics 3 posts back. U look so happy.

Good stuff.

I hope u feel better.

Vickie said...

That's pretty scary about coughing up jellyfish. Are you serious?? As for the cycling jersey being looser, have you looked at yourself recently?? I'm sure it is due to weight loss. This IM training can't be all bad!

Mr Steve said...

Hope you feel better. Do you know your bib number for IRFL? That way I can track your progress and "see" you cross the finish line.....
BTW, what brand/model heart monitor do you use and are you happy with it? I am looking to get one but haven't found any reviews of one product where someone did have a big problem with theirs.

Rootin' for ya in FL...