Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Century Saturday

Good news/bad news kind of a day!

Bad news: My training buddy David can't ride with me on Saturday when I had planned to ride 112-120 miles. Also my babysitter is sick today so I can't get in the 20-25 miles shorter ride I had hoped to do on the bike, at least not outside.

Good news: I just found out that they're having the St. Michaels Century this Saturday, which conveniently departs from the high school a mere block from my house promptly at 8:00 AM. Woot! I DNF'd the metric century for this last year due to back pain. These days 52 miles (the distance at which I stopped last year) is a "medium" ride for me. One hundred miles still feels pretty darned long, though, so I'm glad to have the support of an organized ride. I can redeem myself this year and finish the full century, if the Bike Gods are willing! The weather forecast looks fabulous, sunny and mid-70s. Bring it on!

5 comments:

21st Century Mom said...

I'm glad you get to substitute a few hundred people for your partner. I don't think 100 miles ever feels great but finishing does - rock it!

IronWaddler said...

Things have a way of working out! Good luck on the ride

:) said...

spam-a-roni.

have a great ride saturday!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Sweet! How convenient. A supported training ride. Enjoy the ride.

Cliff said...

great ride..100 miles....hmm...