Monday, September 04, 2006

Drummer girl

Now my daughter Catherine has decided she MUST take possession of the drinking straw from the aerobottle from my bike, and use it to beat on the plastic coffee cans I give the girls to play with.

"Making drum!" she insists, innocently. I try to take it away from her and I get this plaintive "Me play drum!".

What's a mother to do? It's not like I can ruin her incipient musical aspirations. She'll blame me for ruining her life. Which I intend to do in other, subtler ways.

Maybe order a new aerobottle?

4 comments:

Downhillnut said...

Not a bad choice, safety-wise. Probably less harmful (being bendy) than the chopstick I was going to suggest as a substitute. And it has multiple uses; you can pretend it's a wind instrument, breathe and suck stuff up and even DRINK through it...

Can you buy replacement straws? Of course, buying a new aerobottle is more fun...

Iron Pol said...

I'd order TWO ne aerobottle straws (assuming downhill's theory is correct). You'll need one for the bottle, and the other for the SECOND drumstick.

I WISH B-Boy would use stuff as simple as a straw. We currently have a very limited selection of cooking utensils left, as he believes spoons, spatulas, whatever are meant to be used as golf clubs, drumsticks, bats, whatever.

He has managed to break just about everything we had.

Carrie said...

wooden spoons?

Dianne W. said...

Raid the Slurpee straws from 7-11. They're pretty sturdy. If you can find the really wide (1/2") straws, even better!