Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ironman Emmy

marathonNot only was it good for triathlon, it was good for NBC too! The NBC coverage of the 2004 Ironman won an Emmy! (It doesn't make me like narrator Al Trout Wig any better, based on his truly crappy Tour de France coverage, but I'm happy to see the sport get some recognition).

OUTSTANDING EDITED SPORTS SPECIAL:

THE WINNER IS: Ironman Triathlon World Championship - NBC - Ironman Productions

Executive Producers: Dick Ebersol, Ben Fertic, Tom Roy
Producers: Peter Henning, Rob Hyland
Senior Associate Producers: Eric Begley, Kerry Ryan
Associate Producers: David Beld, Cathy Driscoll, Chris Gurr, Diana Kane, David Karabinas, Kit Martin, Fred McGraw, Peter Rogaris, Tara Sherman, Jeff Shook, Al Trautwig, Angus Yates

8 comments:

Comm's said...

Ahhhh. I bought a cheapy vhs tape to get the IMAZ and IMH together as they were back to back in my area. I spent three hours pausing commercials and starting at the right spot and then.....aaahhhhh...the tape starts to rewind with 5 minutes left on IMH. it was only a 120 minute tape in the 6 hour box and i didnt catch it.

Tracy said...

I am such an idiot - I taped the wrong channel and now I have two freakin' hours of golf...OMG! You should have seen the fit I threw when we got home...

soccerdad said...

i'm not a big al trautwig fan either, but aside from that, i think the kona shows are exceptional. i have several on tape and they're all impressive.

:) said...

That is definately an inspiring broadcast, despite the blatherings of Al Trautwig...I actually have watched it numerous times. Ah, the joy of DVR!

Nancy Toby said...

Actually, I should have qualified that - I don't mind Al so much when he's just reading from a well-edited script. It's when he ventures into extemporaneous commentary that he gets into big trouble by showing his ignorance of the sport!

Anonymous said...

Only about a month and a half before I find out whether I'll be jogging through those 5 boroughs with you!

:-O

Chad Brooks said...

But what a voice - becomes almost a character in the story.

Nancy Toby said...

True enough, Al does have a great voice, I'll give him that! I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way in the Tour de France coverage, when he just looked like an American ignoramus next to smooth and regal Phil Liggett!!