Some miscreants in the Tri-Blog Alliance have been making scary references to Ironman Wisconsin (IMMOO) in September, 2006 in preference to Ironman Florida (IMFL) in November, 2006. It's high time we put a stop to this nonsense.
Let's take an objective look at the Top Ten Reasons to do IMFL instead of IMMOO:
10. Friends and relatives can travel too. They will if they know what's good for them. Friends and relatives will like the Florida Gulf coast in November much better than the middle of Wisconsin in September. They're not stupid.
9. Panama City in Sunshine State vs. Madison in "Eat Cheese or Die" state.
8. Buoyant salt water on shallow warm beach course vs. cold pond scum.
7. Flat vs. Hills.
6. One loop bike course vs. two loop bike course. (Which I personally usually find very boring).
5. Two more months to train.
4. Two more months to save up registration money.
3. 83/2116 DNFs in 2004 (3.9%) vs. 212/2187 DNFs in 2004 (9.7%). That is, you're 2.5 times more likely to finish at IMFL and become an IRONMAN.
2. Faster finishing times by 20-25 min. based on course records: 8:21 M/9:26W vs. 8:46M/9:46W. Plus bragging rights!
1. The supportive presence of the members of the TRI BLOG ALLIANCE!