Friday, April 29, 2005

TV time

I'm scheduled to do a half marathon on Sunday morning between Alexandria, Virginia and the Mount Vernon estate, the Potomac River Run Half Marathon. It goes along the banks of the river on a paved multi-use trail. It's basically the same course as the Belle Haven 25K that I did in February. My running has been skimpy lately in favor of working on my swimming and cycling, and it's a hilly course, so I'm not expecting any world-beater times, just a long supported training run.

I'll get psyched up by watching the broadcast of MYSELF in the 2005 Cherry Blossom Ten Miler in Washington, DC on Saturday, April 30, from 2:30-3:00PM on OLNTV (my favorite channel). Well, I probably won't be shown in the broadcast, but it was a great race. Watch the runners battle some substantial winds on the course.

Then I'll have an opportunity after my race to recover in front of the TV on Sunday afternoon.

marathonMy first pick will be the 2004 Hawaii Ironman triathlon re-broadcast from 4 to 6 PM on NBC. However, I'd also like to see the Dodge Tour de Georgia which is being shown on OLNTV from 5 to 7 PM. This is a serious conflict.

I'm also delighted to see that OLNTV will also be broadcasting the Giro d'Italia starting on May 7, 5 to 7 PM. It looks like the Giro has a great website, but only available in Italian and French. I'll have to depend on Phil Liggett (my favorite sports commentator of all time).

I don't follow any major-league sports (and don't even get me started ranting about the disgraceful drug use in American baseball), but watching triathlon and cycling inspires me. I like to save up my programs for rainy-day viewing and fast-forwarding through the commercials. Maybe it's time to buy a TiVo?

7 comments:

Vertical Man said...

Have a GREAT race on Sunday. It sounds like a beautiful course.

And I'm with you on Sunday's TV offerings. I'll have clicker in hand watching the tri and the bike race, too.

Born To Endure said...

Good luck on your race Nancy..lucky you!!
And as far as Sunday goes..i'll be watching IMH and probably closer than I ever have in my life.. :-D

soccerdad said...

good luck on sunday. please don't hurt the kenyans!

Nancy Toby said...

LOL! If I accidentally ran into one of those teensy little Kenyans I'd probably break 'em in half!!

:) said...

Man, I have IMH 2004 still in my DVR. I have probably watched it 10 or 12 times already. I am watching TDG on Sunday baby...

Linda said...

Have a great run Sunday, kick butt!

Comm's said...

Thanks for the update I am taping a rebroadcast of IMAZ Sunday at noon local fox sports, but I think IMH should be on right after.

Now if I can get that dam vcr clock to stop blinking I can figure out how to use it again. I think the democrats controlled the senate last time I used it.