Friday, April 15, 2005

Baby brick

In my excitement over Shelley's Kona entry and waiting for Ian to report from the penultimate stage of the Marathon des Sables today (he survived to take on the final 20km leg tomorrow!), I forgot to report on my workout.
  • 3 miles on the treadmill (2 miles run, 1 mile walk) to briefly wake up my legs. The guy next to me was doing some wild stuff - cranking it up to over 9 mph for a little "jog"; then slowing it down to 4 mph - and turning around to walk backwards. Huh.
  • 1000m in the pool, all freestyle, including my first 500m ever under 15 minutes, without really pushing.

Tomorrow I rest and pack up all my gear, working from my triathlon packing list; and on Sunday I HAVE FUN at my first sprint triathlon of the season. I'm looking forward to it!

Then I'll come home and look to see if *jeanne's* results from the New Jersey Marathon are posted on Sunday night. Then on Monday I get to relax and recover at home while I watch the Boston Marathon and keep an eye on the intermediate splits for Shelley and a bunch of other running friends! So far the weather forecasts for the northeast look a bit warm - 68-70*F and sunny - let's hope for cooler-than-predicted weather for them, light winds, and fine racing for anyone else out there this weekend!

And how will YOU enjoy the weekend? It sounds like our White Salamander friend will be up to no good.... ;)

1 comment:

*jeanne* said...

I'm headed up to NJ!!!

I'll talk to you, Diva Nancy, when you and I are both FINISHERS of our Sunday events!

Have a FABULOUS Tri, my penguin pal!

I'm VERY excited now!!!

:-)

*jeanne*