Monday, August 06, 2007

Riding country roads

I did an easy 21-miler recovery ride today while the girls were in camp. I brought the camera along and got some more local color shots. It finally rained a bit last night - the first real rain in about two months here! So it was quite steamy and hazy today.
Plus I saw the fawn again! With her Mom, about a quarter-mile from where I saw her before. I'm hoping it's the same one, at least. Again, frighteningly close to a busy highway, along which I was driving when I saw the pair, but at least they were together this time with Mom hopefully keeping baby away from traffic.





8 comments:

21stCenturyMom said...

I love all of your country pics - they make me miss the east coast.

Deer are dumb as bricks as far as I can tell. Really. Otherwise why would they run right in front of cars? So dumb.

Holly said...

I love that last shot, it looks like the perfect cycling road! So quiet and serene...

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks! I want to do a painting of it, I've taken a couple shots on that road already. I have to get there in the late afternoon to get a shot when the shadows are across the road, though. I always see deer in that field to the left, too. It's a gorgeous spot!!

KLN said...

Lovely, your pics always make me a little homesick!

Comm's said...

what camera are you using? I know you were trying to go small and ultra compact but those are stunning like a full res photo.

Nancy Toby said...

Aww, thanks! No, it's just my tiny Sony - carried in my back pocket of my jersey.

christina said...

Great pictures, I have been trying to find some blogs of other moms who run and happened upon here. I am newbie runner trying to complete my first halfmarathon in about 12 weeks. Just wanted to say "hi"

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks! Good luck!! Give us a shout if you need help with the preparation!!