Thursday, August 09, 2007

Easton landing sketch

I had another 30-45 minutes today during camp to drive down to the landing in Easton and do another quick pastel sketch. I could have spent some more time getting the trees more accurately rendered, adding in the rocks in the center left shoreline that I left out, and fading the background color a little, but I think it captures the feeling of the sunlight. That's all you can expect in a quick sketch!


Then I had just enough time to go back to the Y and do 25 quick laps and then it was time to spring the girls from camp. I was hoping to take them to the outdoor pool this afternoon, but it's already 98 degrees and thunderstorms are forecast. . . . maybe I'll put it off until tomorrow.

Hmm, maybe as I start doing more artwork I'll split it off into a separate blog, but for now all my devoted readers will have to wade through my efforts here.

4 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

If we get a vote, leave the artwork here. It's very cool.

Brent Buckner said...

I'm with Trifeist; if we get a vote, leave the artwork here!

Spokane Al said...

I like your art - here or on another blog - I'll be looking for more.

Fe-lady said...

I am with trifest...keep the artwork with your tri blog! They can exist together!
Very nice...makes me want to try and draw...but I know i can't very well...give up too easily!