Monday, February 12, 2007

USAT year-end ranking

I finished 2006 as the 1055th-ranked female 45-49 in USA Triathlon, with 53.0543 points* and a gender grading* of 58.3597.

That's out of 1201 of us old ladies who actually paid an annual membership and made it to the finishing line not just ONCE, but TWICE!

So there you go.

That proves I'm a REAL triathlete, right?


*Note: Those numbers are pretty obscure. USAT says: "The “par” time is calculated by taking the pacesetter’s finish time in the race multiplied by the pacesetter’s ranking and then divided by 100. We then drop the top and bottom 20% in order to create the most accurate “par” time as possible. Now that the par time has been calculated, it can be used to calculate a ranking for every participant. This is done by taking the “par” time in minutes divided by the member’s finishing time and then multiplied by 100 to calculate the athlete’s event ranking."

5 comments:

Iron Pol said...

Is that NEW math?

21stCenturyMom said...

I love those normalizing routines the various US groups use. I makes me more.... normal. I'm all about being normal.

And yes - having a ranking makes you a REAL triathlete. That and all the training and competing.

IronWaddler said...

Do you know how may women your age are not on any list or do not even make it to a starting line. You should be proud.

Nancy Toby said...

I am proud! At the same time I'm aware that I'm fitting in the ranking at just about the same position that I finish most races. So that's appropriate!

Anonymous said...

if you're old, i'm ancient.
well done!