Friday, February 09, 2007

Sick kids suck

Caution: Disgusting stuff warning. Don't read if you're feeling queasy.

I was trying to compose a rant today. I need a good rant. Maybe I should rant about popular culture and how it sucks and I've got their number and how superior I am to all that. And how I hate it when Survivor is boring. Or maybe I could rant about government and how they're screwing everything up and they should all just go home and leave us alone. Or maybe I could rant about Big Food and how they're all trying to poison us and simultaneously addict us to their products. Or maybe I could rant about Big Pharma and how they're all trying to give our kids autism.

Nah.

I can only compose good rants about things I truly believe in.

Instead I'll just rant about how it sucks to have sick kids at home.

It sucks having to get up at 5AM to the sound of puking.

It also sucks having your whole house smell like vomit and having to strip the beds and wash everything that was sprayed with projectile puke, including half the stuffed animals.

It especially sucks cleaning coagulated milk barf off the couch.

That is all.


Update: It's nearly noon and my two girls are having a jumping competition on the (newly made) beds and launching a "Hopping Parade" down the hallway now and then. Earlier Catherine was crawling around on the floor and insisting that she was a dog with a tail and wagging her little butt. I think they're fine, although I think it's remotely possible that I gave them food poisoning by not heating their chicken nuggets enough last night. Whoops! Catherine also insisted on tomato slices in her bowl of Froot Loops this morning, which would probably make any normal person vomit. As for me, I'm exhausted.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Yikes! Good luck with all that. Hope you don't catch it.

21stCenturyMom said...

Yes it does suck to have sick kids and to be knee deep in vomit.

I hope their illness is very short lived.

Anonymous said...

First part of your post: WORD!
Preachy Preach Mc Preachster!

Second part of your post... Hope your little babes get well soon <3

Cliff said...

Nancy,

I hope your kids feel better soon.

Julia said...

Hey Nancy, Evan had the same thing vomiting for the last 24 hours and then started to complain about itching. I looked where he was pointing to...chicken pox!
Glad to get it out of the way while he's young - even if it means 2 - 3 weeks at home. There goes my training!

Sixteen Chickens said...

I was fine until I read about tomato slices in fruit loops, ugghh!
FYI a dog will lick most of the barf off the couch for you. :)

Michelle said...

I think the worst part is not being able to sleep at night. When you're up and down dealing with fevers, sore throats, and puke, it gets old in a hurry. Best of luck to you.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I've been told that "Someday, you'll look back on this and laugh." I'm still waiting for that day.

Granny said...

Whatever it is that's going around, it's nasty. We've had some of the same out here on the left coast. Even scarlet fever of all things although it hasn't made its way to my house.

Hope the bed bouncing is a harbinger of wellness.